Date: Apr 24, 2015 09:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Registration closes on Apr 24, 2015 08:30 AM
- Pharmacy Technician
The University of Findlay College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of contiuning pharmacy education.
Registration closes on Apr 24, 2015
at 08:30 AM
- Define the disease process of chemical dependency, including primary symptoms
- Identify various risk factors involved in the development of chemical dependency in the profession of pharmacy
- Recognize behavior patterns and physical symptoms of an impaired pharmacist.
- Define the treatment goals of a chemical dependency rehabilitation program and identify the various levels of chemical dependency treatment.
- Describe professional and legal consequences of the disease of chemical dependency as it affects the profession of pharmacy.
- Discuss the concept of Morphine Equivalent Dose (MED)
- Discuss the new law regarding prescribing opioids to minors
- Describe DEA requirements on prescribing controlled substances for maintenance or detoxification
- Discuss the legal requirements regarding DUR including requesting and reviewing OARRS reports
- Describe the reporting process when prescription drugs are lost or stolen
- Discuss corresponding liability and the responsibility of a pharmacists and prescribers
- Describe common drug diversion red flags health care professionals and pharmacists should be aware of in practice
- Describe the legal requirements when prescribing and dispensing controlled substances for weight reduction
- Describe the legal requirements of a controlled substance inventory
- Describe the legal requirements for oral and faxed schedule II prescriptions
- Interpret common patient cases regarding the dispensing and prescribing of controlled substances.