Date: Apr 17, 2014 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Registration closes on Apr 17, 2014 11:59 PM
The University of Findlay College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of contiuning pharmacy education.
Registration closes on Apr 17, 2014
at 11:59 PM
- Apply health and wellness coaching skills in a variety of practice settings including hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, schools, corporations, and government offices
- Develop a set of competencies in a concentration in an applied area of wellness: corporate wellness prevention programs, integrative nutrition, stress management, diabetes prevention, heart health issues, and smoking cessation.
- Build and sustain positive and trusting coaching relationships with employers.
- Describe the Ecological Theory of Health Promotion and how it pertains to wellness, health behavior, and planning of health and wellness programming at the clinical and worksite levels.
- List the dimensions of wellness and describe how they may be applied to everyday clinical practice through corporate wellness outreach programs.
- Assess the financial impact of workplace health programs
- Implement evidence-based worksite wellness strategies
- Implement a comprehensive worksite wellness program
- Describe the clinical and financial outcomes of medication therapy management.
- Describe strategies for employers to reduce prescription drug costs and shift dollars saved to support wellness and medication therapy management programs .
- Discuss the opportunities to integrate medication therapy management into employer wellness programs.
- List the potential benefits for implementing a community medication therapy management program.
Marc Sweeney, R.Ph., Pharm.D.
Brief Bio : Dr. Sweeney received his Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy degree from Ohio Northern University and received his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from The Ohio State University. He completed an Academic Leadership Fellowship at The Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Sweeney also completed a Master of Divinity degree from Southwest Bible College and Seminary. Dr. Sweeney is the founding and current Dean and Professor of Pharmacy Practice at Cedarville University School of Pharmacy. He is also the co-founder and CEO of Profero Team, LLC, a health care consulting company. His past professional experience includes full and part-time roles in academia, hospice, ambulatory care, long-term care, homecare, and specialty pharmacy consulting. He is the Past President of the Ohio Pharmacists Association (OPA). He currently serves as President of Cedar Care, LLC, the Medication Therapy Management Service Company for Cedarville University. He has served on several committees within OPA, the Ohio Society of Health-Systems Pharmacists, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, local pharmacists associations, healthcare institutions and universities. He has been a board member of the Ohio Pharmacists Association, the Ohio Chapter of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists, the Centers for Osteopathic Research and Education and the Christian Pharmacists Fellowship International. Dr. Sweeney has published several articles pertaining to pharmacy practice and has made many presentations to healthcare professionals and the general community. He has implemented pharmacy practices in physician offices and has participated in the development of innovative disease state management programs in various businesses, institutions and pharmacies. He continues to be involved with research in pharmacy practice, pharmacy education, rural health initiatives and patient safety.
Brief Bio : Michelle is a wellness coordinator for schools, government offices, and corporations. In this position Michelle is responsible for coordination, development, implementation, and evaluation of the corporate wellness interventions related to employee wellness. Included in these responsibilities is an evaluation and dissemination of information to coalitions and other partners about evidence-based interventions and best practices. Michelle has over 15 years of experience in corporate wellness outreach implementation and was invited to Washington DC in 2004 to help implement the wellness mandates that are in effect today.