Date: Feb 28, 2014 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
The University of Findlay College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of contiuning pharmacy education.
The presentation focuses on the practical application of worksite wellness programs. Participants will be given a tool kit designed to assist pharmacists with implementation strategies proven to be effective and walks you through the process of developing a worksite wellness program or expanding an existing wellness program. The presentation provides effective tools to enable pharmacists to utilize their skill set to provide cognitive services for employees at the worksite. In addition, participants will better understand how to describe the benefits, implementation and education of medication therapy management to employers through the foundation of a solid wellness program. Participants will be able to discuss general strategies for decreasing employer prescription drug costs and reinvesting dollars saved into long term health care cost reduction strategies.
- Apply health and wellness coaching skills in a variety of practice settings including hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, schools, corporations, and government offices
- Develop a set of competencies in a concentration in an applied area of wellness: corporate wellness prevention programs, integrative nutrition, stress management, diabetes prevention, heart health issues, and smoking cessation.
- Build and sustain positive and trusting coaching relationships with employers.
- Describe the Ecological Theory of Health Promotion and how it pertains to wellness, health behavior, and planning of health and wellness programming at the clinical and worksite levels.
- List the dimensions of wellness and describe how they may be applied to everyday clinical practice through corporate wellness outreach programs.
- Assess the financial impact of workplace health programs
- Implement evidence-based worksite wellness strategies
- Implement a comprehensive worksite wellness program
- Describe the clinical and financial outcomes of medication therapy management.
- Describe strategies for employers to reduce prescription drug costs and shift dollars saved to support wellness and medication therapy management programs .
- Discuss the opportunities to integrate medication therapy management into employer wellness programs.
- List the potential benefits for implementing a community medication therapy management program.
Brief Bio : Michelle is a wellness coordinator for schools, government offices, and corporations. In this position Michelle is responsible for coordination, development, implementation, and evaluation of the corporate wellness interventions related to employee wellness. Included in these responsibilities is an evaluation and dissemination of information to coalitions and other partners about evidence-based interventions and best practices. Michelle has over 15 years of experience in corporate wellness outreach implementation and was invited to Washington DC in 2004 to help implement the wellness mandates that are in effect today.
Time: 08:00 AM - 12:00 PM