Comprehensive review of Ohio and Federal pharmacy laws. The program is recommended for graduating pharmacy students preparing for the Naplex exam, pharamacy technicians and practicing pharmacists.
Date: May 5, 2021 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM
Registration closes on Apr 25, 2021 12:00 PM
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmacy Students
Requirements for CE Credit
Cancelation Policy: A 50% cancelation fee will be processed if cancelation occurs 14 days or less prior to the scheduled event. A 75% cancelation fee will be processed if cancelation occurs 7 days or less prior to the scheduled event
The program is meant to be a general overview of Ohio and federal drugs laws related to the practice of pharmacy in Ohio with a focus in several key areas including recordkeeping, dispensing, documentation, and administrative procedures. The program will spend a significant amount of time on controlled substance dispensing and recordkeeping including the new opioid dispensing and documentation requirements. The program will also focus on patient care related laws including patient counseling, DUR, consult agreements, and immunizations. Finally the program will include a lengthy discussion of new laws passed within the last year including, but not limited to, simultaneous refills, injectable administration, generic substitution, returning medications to stock, and technician registration.
- Describe common pharmacy practice laws related to the record keeping and dispensing of prescription drugs in Ohio.
- Describe the legal requirements of controlled substance dispensing, record keeping, storage, and documentation.
- Describe the legal requirements of patient counseling, DUR, consult agreements, and patient profiles under Ohio law.
- Describe common practice issues related to pharmacist compounding and immunizations.
- Describe Ohio and federal laws related to opioid dispensing, documentation, and record keeping
- Describe new Ohio and federal law related to the practice of pharmacy.
Donnie Sullivan, PhD
Time: 01:00 PM - 05:00 PM
The University of Findlay & Virtual